2019 Flat Kart Rule Book
Mountain Creek Speedway is a competitive Kart-way where fun is our number one goal. The rules herein are for drivers and spectator’s safety and enjoyment. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from the publication of or adherence to these rules. Rules can be amended at any time by the race promoter. All decisions made by the promoters are FINAL.
1. The officials of the track ;( race director, flagman, etc), have the final say in all matters pertaining to the track spectators & drivers. No threatening talk or actions towards officials will be tolerated. Failure to comply with this rule will result in immediate removal from the property with no second chances.
2. No alcohol or drugs will be tolerated. Anyone on the property suspected, of being under the influence, by the officials will be removed from the Property.
3. Wreck less driving will not be tolerated. If you intentionally cause a wreck or wreck someone else while racing or under caution you will be parked. Multiple offences will result in indefinite suspension from property.
4. The staging area between the pit area and the track is for karts, with one driver and one crew member per kart only. This is the area for pre race lineup and practice entry to the track. Never enter the track without the direction from a race official.
5. To exit the track during a race or practice proceed to the infield of the track and stop and wait at the designated area until track officials direct you to exit the track during caution.
6. All drivers must obey flagman’s commands. Failure to do so will result in suspension from event. This is for your safety as well as other drivers.
7. You must know these flag rules:
Green Flag. When the green flag is displayed the track is open for racing. The green flag signifies the start or restart of any race qualifying or practice. No passing before the green flag. Initial starts will be double file. Restarts will be single file.
Yellow Flag and/or yellow caution lights mean Caution. When the yellow is displayed, slow down. Unless there is an immediate wreck or kart in the way do not over apply breaks, let off of the throttle and coast to a caution speed. We will not race back to the flag.
Red Flag. Stop on the track as soon and safely possible. Do not drive through an accident. When the red flag is lifted we will be under caution do not start until directed by the officials.
Black Flag. Proceed to the pit area via infield track exit procedures. See rule 5. You have been disqualified from the current race.
Blue flag with yellow strip means move over the leaders are overtaking you and you are about to get lapped.
White flag means one lap to go
Checkered flag means the race is finished.
8. Spectator’s must stay behind and off of fence at all times. No one will be allowed to enter the track except for drivers and their karts. If there is a caution, race officials will tend to the karts. If a crew member is needed for assistance with a kart do not proceed onto track unless directed by a race official during a red flag condition.
9. All children must be under constant supervision by a parent or guardian at all times. We are not a babysitting service.
Failure to comply with this may result in expulsion from property.
10. Event times and schedules are not set in stone. Rely on our social media page for information regarding practice times and races.
11. In the event of a rainout no refunds will be given but keep armbands as a rain check for a future event. Armband rain checks will be good only for two months.
12. Safety is our number one priority. Long hair must be tied up appropriately. Gloves, DOT full face approved helmet, and approved karting neck braces are mandatory. All Drivers must have jacket, long pants and full coverage shoes. A race- suit is recommended, but not required.
13. Winged kart drivers MUST have proper 5 point harness and approved neck restraint.
14. All Karts must be in good working order and must be approved by officials before entering track and have appropriate numbers. All weights must be painted white and double-nutted. Anyone knowingly operating kart without brakes will be disqualified from the event. Engines must be equipped with approved mufflers as well as chain guards.
15. No oil will be dumped on the ground. Please bring appropriate containers to keep used oil and take to appropriate disposal facility.
16. Long hair must be tied and contained within the helmet and or driving suit at all times.
All Lo206 classes must comply with L0206 rulebook. 6100rpm coil…..ect.
- Cadet 206: Ages 5-8. Weight 230 lbs. LO206 rules apply. Must run Black Slide(0.285). Open tires.
- Junior 206 Lite: Ages 8-12. Weight 260 lbs. LO206 rules apply. Must run Green Slide (0.490). Open Tires.
- Junior 206: Ages 12-16. Weight 290 lbs. Briggs LO206 rules apply. Must run Yellow Slide (0.570). Open Tires.
- Senior 206 Lite: Ages 16+. Weight 330 lbs. Briggs LO206 rules apply. Open Tires.
- Senior 206 Medium: Ages 16+. Weight 360 lbs. Briggs LO206 rules apply. Open Tires.
- Burris Senior 206 Medium: Ages 16+. Weight 360 lbs. Briggs Lo206 Rules Apply. Tires must be purchased from the track and mounted in the tech room. Tires may not be prepped, cut or sanded. Random sampling will be done periodically to insure compliance. Race procedure: Tires can be checked out of the tech shed at the beginning of race night. Must not ever enter inside trailer or other vehicle. Washing is prohibited until the end of the night before the tires are checked back into impound at the wash station. No soap will be allowed. If a tire needs attention other than air pressure tech official must be present. Any tires caught inside a trailer will be disqualified and new ones must be purchased from the track. If you take the tires home with you they will be disqualified. Any team violating tire rules will be disqualified for the event and may be subject to a $500 first time penalty, $1000 second time penalty and so on.
Tire Protest Rules: A Team must be in the Top 5 to protest. $175 Protest Fee and $100 to accept. Winner of the protest will receive back $175. The Protester will designate which tire to tech. The track
reserves a right to Protest a tire at any time.
- Senior 206 Heavy: Ages 16+. Weight 390 lbs. Briggs Lo206 Rules Apply. Open Tire rule.
- Senior 206 Sumo: Ages 16+. Weight 430 lbs. 200lb driver Minimum. Briggs Lo206 rules apply. Open tire rule.
- Pro Animal: Ages 16+. Weight 360 lbs. Open Tire Rule.
- Animal Modified: Ages 16+. Weight 360 lbs. Open Tire Rule.
- Stock Appearing: Ages 18+. Weight 350 lbs. Clone, Predator, Briggs Flathead. Must appear stock from 25 feet. Open Tire Rule.